Our primary objective at DUI-AD.COM is to get you results!
Our representation is based on you as an individual and the best defenses available in your case. We do this by tirelessly researching possible defenses to your driving under the influence charges, thoroughly investigating the circumstances of your case, consulting with and hiring the proper experts and investigators, and keeping at the cutting edge of DUI defenses so that you receive excellent representation.
What is Your Best Defense to a California DUI Charge?
It depends on your specific circumstances. There are as many potential defenses as there are facts and clients, but here are just a few. This is only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak, and it represents only a small portion of defenses that may be available to a willing client and a talented lawyer.
- Client's genetic make up and possible conditions (e.g., GERD, diabetes, injuries, etc.)
- Did the officer have reasonable suspicion to pull you over, or probable cause to arrest?
- Were proper advisement or admonishments given? Was there officer induced confusion?
- Were the field sobriety tests administered properly? Timing? Location? Audio / Video recordings?
- Was the breathalyzer calibrated and properly administered by a qualified person?
- Number and timing of blows in to the breathalyzer? Range? 15 minute observation?
- Mouth alcohol? Dental work? Trapped food? Bleeding gums? Slope detector on breathalyzer?
- Was Title 17 followed? To what extent? Adams / Williams foundation? 402 / 403 / 352 issues?
- Was blood drawn in accordance to accepted medical practices?
- Presence of preservative and anticoagulant? Fermentation? Whole blood, serum, plasma?
- Was a warrant obtained? If not, any exceptions to the warrant requirement? Exigencies?
- Consent? Implied? Imputed? Express? Free and voluntary?
- Waiver? Intelligent, and knowing? Coerced? Language barriers?
- Delta 9 vs. Carboxy metabolites (marijuana / THC). Levels? Timing?
- Phlebotomist qualified? Followed protocol? Blood extracted, stored, refrigerated properly?
- Chain of custody issues? When, where, how, who, and in which facility sample tested? Certified?
- Was the swab water or alcohol based before the needle was inserted into the skin?
- Was a single or dual column GC machine used? Blanks? Standards? Thermometer checked?
- Various types of motions: suppress, dismiss, in limine, discovery, venue, sanctions, writs, appeals, etc.
And truly the list goes on and on and on....
So you see, depending on the facts of your case, and how the whole event took place, there are so many potential areas subject to attack. When enough potentially viable attacks are compiled and intelligently and aggressively pursued, that will wear down the government’s evidence, and the case against the client becomes weaker and weaker — which may very well lead to dismissal or acquittal.
We provide DUI defense throughout Southern California.
Contact Us To Resolve Your DUI Case